Postby HC. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 pm

We'll be staying there then.
HC.
APPROVED user

Re: Hampden

Postby anders » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 am

Entirely the wrong decision.

I could walk to Murrayfield!

Best thing might be to redevelop Hampden as a 40k seater, take games attracting fewer to Abereen or Edinburgh and games attracting more to the Toxic twins' grounds or Murrayfield. But of course they don't have the money so Hampden'll surely stay largely as it is.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Forrest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:23 pm

How can such an important decision be swayed by some rich guy walking in and say "I'll pony up for you to fix up Hampden".

The best thing they could have done for Scottish football would have been to get the SFA and SPFL out of the cancerous city of Glasgow.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Makes little difference to me, but why were folk so absolutely desperate to have Murrayfield/Haymarket/Gorgie etc destroyed by vermin pissing and shitting in the streets etc a couple of times a season? Don't get it.
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:01 pm

I.J wrote:Makes little difference to me, but why were folk so absolutely desperate to have Murrayfield/Haymarket/Gorgie etc destroyed by vermin pissing and shitting in the streets etc a couple of times a season? Don't get it.

Primarily to get the games away from Glasgow. Remember standing in the street waiting for the bus to the Semi at 5.30 am.
Why should the bigot twins fans have an easy walk to games when all the rest have to bus it.
Personally wanted a new purpose built stadium and HQ somewhere near Stirling as the motorway and train networks are good and it would get the scummy GFA out of the west coast and maybe stop their thinking that Glasgow is the center of the universe.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby anders » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm

I.J wrote:Makes little difference to me, but why were folk so absolutely desperate to have Murrayfield/Haymarket/Gorgie etc destroyed by vermin pissing and shitting in the streets etc a couple of times a season? Don't get it.

We have hibs there 3 or 4 times a season.

Just waiting for HC now.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby I.J » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:Primarily to get the games away from Glasgow. Remember standing in the street waiting for the bus to the Semi at 5.30 am.

I mind the breakfast that morning. :D
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I like going through to Glasgow. It's all part of the big game atmosphere for me. Hate how long it takes to get home though.

The stadium in its current form is shite. I just hope that whatever they do improves it.
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:18 pm

I honestly (other than the semi final v Hibs where I missed my lift) don't remember it taking forever to get out of Hampden/Glasgow at all. Clearly the key is to get steaming. :D
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Return to The terracing