Postby anders » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 pm

:(

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Re: Trump

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 am

Trump seem to have a screw loose. However there is a real threat that should not be over looked by his crass actions.
Germany has seem some horrendous criminal acts perpetrated by the migrants Merkle has allowed in. Having said that NOT all migrants are bombers, but when you see young men with families willing to kill themselves, you have to ask where their priorities lie. Any religion that allows followers to attack their own houses of worship and kill others of the same faith needs reworked.
In fact all religion should be banned as it has no real bearing on the modern world and only causes hardship at all levels.

HC only has to look to the wee free to know how much influence they have on Island life.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby anders » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:36 am

Just about everything that's put down to 'a horror in the name of religion' is in fact all about the usual old things - power and money and greed, either a desire to take over someone else's resources/means of production (i.e. wealth) or for the feeling of security that comes from simple power over others. Take religion out of the frame and those things will likely continue. Fear of the weird aliens from the next village on a bigger scale simply gets those weird aliens summarised as a religious grouping or a nationalistic one. Muslim rivalry of Shia vs Sunni around the world is really about who has political power, isis the same. The various religious moniker is simply a convenient group name to give to your rivals, the equivalent of "that lot who support this rival political faction who I don't want in because my taxes would go up and someone else would take our place of influence". A bit like england's Tory vs Labour.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Postby Forrest » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:In fact all religion should be banned as it has no real bearing on the modern world and only causes hardship at all levels.

Absolute horse shit, Jim.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Forrest wrote:
Jambojim52 wrote:In fact all religion should be banned as it has no real bearing on the modern world and only causes hardship at all levels.

At a recent gathering a woman who did not know Bab's sister at all sat beside her and spouted about religion claiming Dot would be a better person if she had God in her life. The clown didn't know if Dot was a member of a church or anything else about her. She only assumed she was not religious and wanted to spout her version of how things should be.
It's people's dogma and blindness to all things that makes people think religion is worth having. I am not religious in any way but I would suggest people who know me would say I was a good person. So why would I be any better because I believed in a mythical being?
In the dark days when people had no education someone saw it was a way to control them and take what they had, today I would have thought people where smart enough to see through the hype.
Jambojim52

Postby anders » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:
Forrest wrote:

At a recent gathering a woman who did not know Bab's sister at all sat beside her and spouted about religion claiming Dot would be a better person if she had God in her life. The clown didn't know if Dot was a member of a church or anything else about her. She only assumed she was not religious and wanted to spout her version of how things should be.

It's one person. Presumably for every person like the one you describe there'll be one who, because they're irreligious and a misery and think bad things all the time, bring an inaccurately bad light on those who aren't religious?

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:17 pm

When you look at the bible every single story is basically a camp fire tale told and retold with exaggerations added with each telling. ( what we now call urban legends )
Then someone wrote them down and because people were ignorant and anyone who could read or write was hailed special they took what they were told as fact.
Remember they though GOD lived on a cloud!
So what in the bible can possibly be held up as a true fact or telling of events?
Then to cap it all the Bible we have now is an interpretation of an older version and most of it could be down to one person's take on what was meant.
Jambojim52

Postby anders » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:59 am

Well apart from the sections which are factually correct - the long historically accurate parts. And the 'someone' who wrote them down incudes hundreds of people and varied sources. It's a 'diary of a people' plus a historical tome (which has been valuable) along with the other religious/personal stuff.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Postby Forrest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Because one Hearts fan attacked Lennon years ago, does that mean all Hearts fans are animals?

The bible is composed from multiple sources, as Anders says (although a large portion of the New Testament consists of letters written by Paul to various widespread churches).
Forrest
APPROVED user

Next

Return to The terracing