Hampden

Hampden

Postby HC. » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Should we stay or should we go elsewhere?

I'd like to see the national team play around the country, using grounds appropriate to anticipated crowds.

With Murrayfield being suggested for final stages Cup games, especially those involving Rangers and Celtic, I'm really not sure I'd want 65 thousand of that lot marauding through our city.

What would you like to see when our lease of Hapden is up in two years?
HC.
APPROVED user

Re: Hampden

Postby anders » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:22 pm

like you I don't fancy the toxic twins' fans here any more than is necessary. And I wonder what would happen to Queens Park if the SFA money for Hampden went away. And we don't have stadia of the right sizes around the country - no 35k and 45k when needed.
But having said that, we don't use a stadium that size now when needed so we'd be in the same position. Probably end playing midweek friendlies against the lesser lights of fitba and everything else in Glasgow or Murrayfield...so we'd end up giving those black sheep of Scottish football more money. A lot of things then which mean logically I'd be against it. But in spite of all that I do quite fancy the idea.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Jambojim52 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm

In order of preference:

New stadium purpose built somewhere near Stirling that includes the HQ. That way even the Glasgow teams fans would have to travel, and anything to distance the HQ from the bigot twins would be a start.

Murray dump. ( sorry field)

Smaller National games and smaller clubs cup games round the country. Larger cup games and big Internationals see above.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby HC. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 pm

I don't think that another stadium will be purpose built.

I'm not sure about using Murrayfield: one valid reason - the pitch is even further away than Hampden, secondly, I wouldn't be happy that money made by football was used to improve rugby's coffers. I know that seems pretty petty though. :?
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby Forrest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

HC. wrote:I don't think that another stadium will be purpose built.

I'm not sure about using Murrayfield: one valid reason - the pitch is even further away than Hampden, secondly, I wouldn't be happy that money made by football was used to improve rugby's coffers. I know that seems pretty petty though. :?

Do we ever get clashes of fixtures, with rugby and football internationals on the same weekend? I imagine the pitch would take a right battering in late winter / early spring with the Six Nations.

I was in the East stand for the Aberdeen game and thought it was pretty good, but was in the West stand for Rangers and Killie, and didn't like it. As HC says, you're miles away from the pitch due to the running track, and then the slope in the stand is so shallow that you're even further away.

Second tier on to Tynecastle, please :mrgreen:
Forrest
APPROVED user

Return to The terracing