LA shooting

LA shooting

Postby Jambojim52 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:07 pm

64 yo guy kills 50 plus and 200 plus injured. Opened fire with an automatic rifle from the 32nd floor of the Madaly hotel on the strip. Al, is due there on Monday the 16TH :shock:
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Re: LA shooting

Postby Forrest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 am

Probably the safest time for him to go.

Incredible that he is able to get his hands on these kind of weapons, let alone own them legally :shock:
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm

perhaps we'll soon hear the defence of the NRA - that this is why people need access to guns so they can protect themselves. ....Perhaps I'm forgetting, and will no doubt be corrected if that's the case, but in any of the mass shooting tragedies in the last few decades have the victims been in a position to defend themselves with firearms in a single case? I don't recall 1 person being able to shoot back and retrieve the situation.
And if I'm right, then practice would suggest that there is no case for people being able to carry guns. (Whether or not they can be kept inside homes for defence would be a separate argument).

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Jambojim52 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:31 pm

As a gun owner for many years I can see why people would want to own one. And I can't see why anyone would want to stop us. Yes there have been killings and it gets tedious repeating this, it's not the gun that kills but the nutter who pulls the trigger.
As a sports shooter why would I object to someone having golf clubs? Ok I know there have been no mass killings with clubs, but there have been killings. Same goes for chef's knives ( or kitchen for that matter ). That's not even looking at radicals using vans to kill. People who don't have any interest in guns shouldn't have the right to stop me having one, ( many just don't understand them in the first place, and only see this incident or movies where they blast off rounds ) just as I don't have the right to stop someone owning golf clubs.
As for guns I have known and still know dozens of people who have a gun and not one has had any inclination to harm another person.
Right, now the disclaimer: I do feel sorry for those killed and injured but I can't stop it nor can anyone else, no matter how much legislation there is. Yardies in London have hand guns even though they have been banned here for years. In the USA they couldn't possibly ban guns now due to the fact they don't know how many are in circulation.
So will this happen again, YES and more than once, it's life and you have to get used to the bad stuff as well as the good.
Jambojim52

Postby Forrest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:24 am

No matter what anybody, Jim or otherwise, claims, there is absolutely no need for anyone to own a machine gun.

The situation in the US could be cleaned up, but won't because the politicians won't allow it.

More than half the population of the US is for gun control, I've heard. If they all joined the NRA, they could hijack its AGM and amend the constitution. Literally: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Forrest wrote:No matter what anybody, Jim or otherwise, claims, there is absolutely no need for anyone to own a machine gun.

The situation in the US could be cleaned up, but won't because the politicians won't allow it.

More than half the population of the US is for gun control, I've heard. If they all joined the NRA, they could hijack its AGM and amend the constitution. Literally: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Forrest automatics are already banned in the USA. However it is a simple task to change semi auto to full auto. There are even kits you can buy to do so.
Jambojim52

Postby HC. » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Bottom line is, do you really want to live in a world where people feel the need to have a gun to be able to go about their daily business ?

I don't.
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 am

HC. wrote:Bottom line is, do you really want to live in a world where people feel the need to have a gun to be able to go about their daily business ?

I don't.

Depends on how you define daily business. I shoot three sometimes four times a week. Not daily but then not that far off either.
Guns have this big bad boggie thing and many only see things like this and movies. Guns are no more dangerous than a car( more die on the roads ) or other " weapon". The gun can't do anything without a human holding it and pulling the trigger.
I have a friend, he shoots with me and his partner has an almost inbred fear of guns, She discovered Babs shoots ( she was a friend of Bab's sister that died long ago ) and now comes with us shooting. Ok she doesn't want to hold a gun but she is more than happy to stand and watch when before she was terrified. Gun education would help but due to bias and some agenda the likes of the BBC won't show it. Their nature programms are well anti gun. George Digweed is multi world champion but very few have even heard his name.
Guns are neither good or bad, it's the human behind it that defines what it does.
Had this guy driven a car into the crowd( or lorry ) would everyone be demanding they were banned? ( he could have killed and injured just as many ) No obviously not!
Jambojim52

Postby Forrest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:38 am

That's a BS argument, Jim - vehicles serve a massive purpose in our society; guns are only used (legally) for sport and pest control.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:
Forrest wrote:No matter what anybody, Jim or otherwise, claims, there is absolutely no need for anyone to own a machine gun.

Forrest automatics are already banned in the USA. However it is a simple task to change semi auto to full auto. There are even kits you can buy to do so.

Kind of supports the case to ban more than full autos, really.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Next

Return to The terracing