John Mason

John Mason

Postby HC. » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Like me, you had probably never heard of him before. He's an SNP MSP.

What possible explanation can he have for this outrageous comment?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-41253793
HC.
APPROVED user

Re: John Mason

Postby Shug » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:52 am

I think he was alluding to the fact they have no ferry issues to consider like other islands and made an arse of himself. Cannae be any doubt the infrastructure on skye is woefully inadequate for all the tourists and all those fckin rabbies tourbuses on daytrips spitting hordes of tourists out at every sight for 5 mins before fcking off after having dug up the area.
Shug
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am

I read that too HC but if you dismiss the headline from the Unionist media, what he meant ( IMHO ) is that Skye no longer has the difficult transport links the " Islands " have. Islands that are at the mercy of wind and waves. Geographically Skye will always be an Island, but now they have a solid connection to the Mainland should they be included in the list of those places that do required extra help, due to difficult transport logistics.

Not like the media to twist things to their own agenda.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby Forrest » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:24 am

It pisses me off though when delivery companies add extra to take something to Skye (or even just to the Highlands, for that matter), when it's no different to delivering anywhere else on the mainland.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Same with a premium for anything sold at a motorway services. It's hardly difficult to get delivery trucks to the things!

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby HC. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks for pointing that put, Shug and Jim. :roll: :mrgreen:

I know exactly what he was alluding to.

My point is that he should never have said it in the first place - especially not as a Nationalist.
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Forrest wrote:It pisses me off though when delivery companies add extra to take something to Skye (or even just to the Highlands, for that matter), when it's no different to delivering anywhere else on the mainland.

I must say that that's never happened to me.

I think companies have cottoned on to the fact that they'll lose business.

My only experience of being hacked off about something similar is not being able to use Amazon Prime (free postage anyway) up here. Mind you, you can't use it anywhere north of Perth. :evil:
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:56 pm

HC. wrote:
Forrest wrote:It pisses me off though when delivery companies add extra to take something to Skye (or even just to the Highlands, for that matter), when it's no different to delivering anywhere else on the mainland.

My only experience of being hacked off about something similar is not being able to use Amazon Prime (free postage anyway) up here. Mind you, you can't use it anywhere north of Perth. :evil:

Do people north of Perth have the internet then? D'you not need electricity for that?

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby HC. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 pm

anders wrote:
HC. wrote:

Do people north of Perth have the internet then? D'you not need electricity for that?

I'm surprised you've heard of Perth.
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:08 pm

HC. wrote:Thanks for pointing that put, Shug and Jim. :roll: :mrgreen:

I know exactly what he was alluding to.

My point is that he should never have said it in the first place - especially not as a Nationalist.

He's really made me angry by saying that! :evil:

That was really poor from a Nationalist. Someone who should be championing the islands, not speaking like an anglocentric politician. Argh! :x
HC.
APPROVED user

Next

Return to The terracing