Charges for Hillsbough started

Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby Jambojim52 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:15 pm

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/ ... decisions/

There are some that deserve to be charged ( those that lied in court.) However someone in charge doing what they thought was the right thing in a difficult situation doesn't deserve to be done for their mistake. Going down this route will mean no one will take jobs of responsibility unless they are well paid or covered.Yes many died but how could they predict it would end up like it did. The fans who basically rioted and forced gates have to take some share of the blame.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby HC. » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/hillsborough-charging-decisions/

There are some that deserve to be charged ( those that lied in court.) However someone in charge doing what they thought was the right thing in a difficult situation doesn't deserve to be done for their mistake. Going down this route will mean no one will take jobs of responsibility unless they are well paid or covered.Yes many died but how could they predict it would end up like it did. The fans who basically rioted and forced gates have to take some share of the blame.



Fans rioting and forcing gates? Maybe you should reread the facts, Jim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19545126
HC.
APPROVED user
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 1:06 pm
Location: HS2

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:15 am

HC. wrote:
Jambojim52 wrote:http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/hillsborough-charging-decisions/

There are some that deserve to be charged ( those that lied in court.) However someone in charge doing what they thought was the right thing in a difficult situation doesn't deserve to be done for their mistake. Going down this route will mean no one will take jobs of responsibility unless they are well paid or covered.Yes many died but how could they predict it would end up like it did. The fans who basically rioted and forced gates have to take some share of the blame.



Fans rioting and forcing gates? Maybe you should reread the facts, Jim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19545126


90% didn't have tickets and had no right even being there. It was the crush at the gates that made the match commander open them for fear some would be hurt.
Those inside the ground that suffered was caused by those rushing in.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby anders » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:
HC. wrote:
Jambojim52 wrote:http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_news/hillsborough-charging-decisions/

There are some that deserve to be charged ( those that lied in court.) However someone in charge doing what they thought was the right thing in a difficult situation doesn't deserve to be done for their mistake. Going down this route will mean no one will take jobs of responsibility unless they are well paid or covered.Yes many died but how could they predict it would end up like it did. The fans who basically rioted and forced gates have to take some share of the blame.



Fans rioting and forcing gates? Maybe you should reread the facts, Jim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19545126


90% didn't have tickets and had no right even being there. It was the crush at the gates that made the match commander open them for fear some would be hurt.
Those inside the ground that suffered was caused by those rushing in.

Wasn't that the initial story put out to paint the establishment as innocent, but disputed ever since? It's the first story i heard at the time. But 1 by 1 the Thatcherite media of the time had elements of the tale disproved until all, apart from the soaraway sun, withdrew their support for it and admired it contained uncorroborated facts from police who were later found to be falsifying evidence to cover themselves. I think that story is part of a narrative which has been consigned as unreliable at best, and documented as false in some key aspects Jim.


...dream on...
User avatar
anders
Confirmed Jambo
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:20 pm
Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby Jambojim52 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Don't get me wrong and I know the media( sun ) tried hard to blame the fans, but they must take at least some of the blame. The guy at the top made a mistake when fans tried to force their way in and ordered the opening a gate. However if all those who didn't have a ticket didn't try to cheat their way in, it wouldn't have happened.
Find it hard to lay blame on someone who is doing a job to the best of his ability and makes a genuine mistake. Personally been in a job where someone could die by my hand due to trying to do the right thing. It really is poor that by trying to do right he has to serve time.The others ( the ones who lied and changed stories ) that is a different matter.
The perverted the course of justice and the victims would have had justice much earlier had they not done so.
Not laying all the blame on the fans but they did play a part.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby bobcat » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:29 am

I suggest you watch ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary from a couple years ago Jim. Well done and directed by a Wendies fan, so not a Liverpool slanted view. It's on Netflix if you subscribe.

I'm glad to see someone at Sheffield Wednesday get charged as well, though I have no idea if he specifically was to blame. The prior year Leeds fans were caught in a crush for the exact same reasons and had to have supporters sent to hospital. Luckily, there were no deaths, but the FA and the Wendies refused to believe there was anything wrong with the pens nor the procedures of entry to that end of the stadium. Supporters groups were told it was there fault alone that a crush occured. Move forward 12 months and the Liverpool crush is famous for all the wrong 96 reasons.
User avatar
bobcat
APPROVED user
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:52 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA USA

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby Jambojim52 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:16 am

If the authorities knew there was a problem how can the charge these guys. Surely they did their best under poor conditions perpetuated by the FA.
Maybe didn't get my point across too well and I don't blame the fans per se.
However without those outside causing a near riot they would not have opened the gate in the first place. It's clear many did not have tickets and they could have stopped pay at the gate when the ground was full. It was clear very early there were far too many trying to gain entry when they knew they shouldn't.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: Charges for Hillsbough started

Postby bobcat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

The report of large numbers without tickets have been debunked. Watch the videos...far too few turnstiles to gain entry, no one is being turned away (which mean they have tickets), and the FA refused to delay k/o, which is what started the pushing outside. Then, the cops rode up on horseback into the crowd and caused more crushing as folks tried not to get stepped on. Once inside, no one counted the center pens, nor stopped folks getting in once full. The side pens were almost empty.

As you say, supporters whipped into a frenzy emotionally helped the situation happen, but they were far from the fuel and spark of the catastrophe.
User avatar
bobcat
APPROVED user
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:52 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA USA


Return to The terracing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron