Pre season

Pre season

Postby Jambojim52 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:58 am

So we have started pre season with only two additions. With six away games to come we will struggle to gain a point.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Re: Pre season

Postby anders » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:10 am

Yes, like you I'm unimpressed with the recruitment. Esp with rumours that Whittaker was talking to us but because he'll be paid more he'll prob sign for hibs instead. That's not good.

I'm not in favour of our management just now either, which I don't want to bring into it cos I don't want to become a negative 'sack the manager' type, but cos of my view on him I'm not optimistic that the coming season will be anything other than one where the team and club struggles, and further loses players.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Forrest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:23 am

We're not in pre-season yet! It starts on 16 June according to the EEN!
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/s ... -1-4465666

Surely you'd rather we took our time and signed the right players, rather than rushed into a bunch of signings like we were more-or-less forced to do in January?
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:35 am

Uh-huh Forrest, and there's time yet to get some decent signings. We've seen in the past that players need the pre-season to bed in (at least ours do!) so we've got until mid-June or soon after to get our men, so I'm not in the trough of depression yet about it. Cos of how things were last season post-Robbie I'm hoping to be convinced & enthused tho - as opposed to the opposite, on a high about it and a shortage of team-building would be a disappointment.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Jambojim52 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Forrest it really pisses me off when you look at the signing Sevco are making and still we are fumbling around. I have zero faith in Cathro but it's Levein that is killing our club. He has dumped too many decent players ( or virtually forced them out ) and brought in too many crap players.
My main concern is the six away games. Lose them and we are in a bottom six fight. Cathro may well get the boot, but then we will be stuck with player he has identified.
I can't see any reason why we have a DOF. In financial terms we are too small a club.
Get a decent manager, someone who can motivate or make a sub to change a game.IMHO Cathro can't do that and for me it's a core requirement in a manager.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby Forrest » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am

The transfer window doesn't open until tomorrow!

You're jealous that Rangers are signing players you've not heard of (other than one Portuguese defender who will be the equivalent of Aaron Hughes)?

There's loads of time yet.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Return to The terracing