Ongoing hosting and costs for Jnet

Re: Ongoing hosting and costs for Jnet

Postby HC. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Brian, I'm sure one of us could be administrator or moderator. Would that take pressure off you?

I wouldn't have the know how re registering the domain name, any techy stuff etc but would moderate posts, delete spammers etc.

We're all happy to pay for the domain name from what I can see from the responses.

I also think there's a sense that it would be sad to see the site go.

Would my suggestion make things doable for you?
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby iantjambo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Forrest wrote:I think, unfortunately, that Jnet's days are numbered :cry:

It doesn't seem like anyone left has the technical know-how to carry it on. Jnet, and through it, Real Maroon, has been a big part of my life since 2001, and will always have a special place in my heart.

It seems now though that one of the main things which made it better than JKB - that it was populated in the main by a smaller, more "select" bunch - has ultimately led to its downfall.

I'll carry on reading and posting where appropriate to the bitter end! Thanks from the heart to all who have made it happen over the years.

This, sadly, seems to be the case. It really was a cracking forum back in its heyday and many late nights, bevvying and posting were thoroughly enjoyed.

I really wish I had the technical know how to take the reins but unfortunately I don't :(
iantjambo
Confirmed Jambo

Postby anders » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:35 pm

If people kept it going (but given how little gets posted these days I'm not personally convinced that it's warranted) I too would be happy to do adminy bits when I can. But i can't always.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby HC. » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:44 pm

We've not heard from Shug for a while. I'm sure he's got an IT background and may consider taking over the site.

If not, perhaps Brian would carry on with support from others and with us paying costs for domain hosting etc.
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby bobcat » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:47 am

As you've all seen, I don't get on here very often at all anymore. Sad news to see, but message boards are going the way of the dodo and succumbing to Facebook groups, Instagram, and Twitter. I can't even remember how I found this place back in the day but so glad I did - made many a friend both of the personal and internet varieties. I too am an idiot when it comes to hosting a board like this one, so am no help.

Whatever the outcome, thanks so much Briza for setting up, maintaining, and even paying for, a little slice of sanity in the Jambos supporting world.
bobcat
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:18 am

Without Brian the site would have died years ago and we all very much appreciate him doing it. However I don't know just how much time and effort he puts in now the site has shrunk. Would love him to keep it going, even if he just left it run unsupervised, and make a yearly donation to costs.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby anders » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:21 am

Why don't we just have a closed Facebook group instead? (And it's free).

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Jambojim52 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:27 pm

I and I believe HC don't do facebook. This is the only social media site I use and won't be tempted to join others( sorry)
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby HC. » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:Without Brian the site would have died years ago and we all very much appreciate him doing it. However I don't know just how much time and effort he puts in now the site has shrunk. Would love him to keep it going, even if he just left it run unsupervised, and make a yearly donation to costs.

Agree. Apart from updates, I think it pretty much runs itself - I may be wrong though.
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Jambojim52 wrote:I and I believe HC don't do facebook. This is the only social media site I use and won't be tempted to join others( sorry)

Not on Facebook.
HC.
APPROVED user

PreviousNext

Return to The terracing