Somehow managed to stay 5th

Somehow managed to stay 5th

Postby Jambojim52 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am

What a rubbish season this has been. It can only be pure luck we have finished above Partick, and without Robbies good start we would be bottom six. Now with 6 away games at the start of next season, we will be lucky to finish top six.
If Budge continues to allow Levein to run the footballing side then Cathro will stay and we will lose support. Once people find other things to do with their time it's hard to get them back and many kids will simply give it all up for their Nintendo's.
For an astute business woman she really has taken her eye off the ball ( no pun intended). She really needs to wake up and dump Levein and his puppet.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Re: Somehow managed to stay 5th

Postby Jambojim52 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 am

Just a wee postscript:
Can't see us getting anything from the last game ( Celtic ) that will end the season with:

The last ten games:
Played 10
Won 1
Drawn 2
LOST 7

There is no other team in the league with such poor results. Dundee ( 10th ) and Hamilton ( 11th ) are the next worst, with TWO wins in the last ten games.
Jambojim52

Postby Briza » Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am

Jambojim52 wrote:What a rubbish season this has been. It can only be pure luck we have finished above Partick, and without Robbies good start we would be bottom six. Now with 6 away games at the start of next season, we will be lucky to finish top six.
If Budge continues to allow Levein to run the footballing side then Cathro will stay and we will lose support. Once people find other things to do with their time it's hard to get them back and many kids will simply give it all up for their Nintendo's.
For an astute business woman she really has taken her eye off the ball ( no pun intended). She really needs to wake up and dump Levein and his puppet.

Couple of things. You wanted Robbie out. He was Leveins 'puppet' then. Are you still convinced it was Levein picking the team? Robbie, by comparison with Cathro, did well. He was/is a good coach and clearly got more from the squad. Losing Paterson was a big blow, his hunger and drive pulled along a majority of his team mates - he'll be a great captain one day. Since he's been out of the tam we've looked a shadow of our former selves.
Happy for Cathro to go, but CL, for me, is NOT the problem here. Look past your historical dislike for the guy; right now I'd love it if his negative defensive knowledge was at play on the pitch, so we'd stop shipping simple goals and lots of mistakes.
This job came too soon for Cathro I think.
Briza
Site Admin

Postby Jambojim52 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Brian , I never wanted Robbie to go and always maintained it was Levein's interference and caused many of the poor results. I also believe it was that same interference that caused Robbie to jump ship.
What have to to say about the number of poor signings and many of the decent players Levein has brought in /dumped?
Levein is the root cause of all this and the money he has wasted could have built the new stand twice over. ( nearly ;) )
Jambojim52

Postby anders » Fri May 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Oh JIm JIm JIm. Here are some quotes.... :D ...

For me either Robbie or Levein must go....
No it's Robbie's fault.
I totally blame Robbie.....

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Jambojim52 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:48 am

anders wrote:Oh JIm JIm JIm. Here are some quotes.... :D ...

For me either Robbie or Levein must go....
No it's Robbie's fault.
I totally blame Robbie.....

TBF I don't remember saying that. I do however remember saying I would prefer Robbie stayed and Levein went, but either way I still think Levein is the main cause of our troubles.
He has presided over dumping some decent players and bringing in Cathro and a load of crap.
Quote:

If Robbie is making the same mistakes over and over and he is not involved, then I would wonder why not . However, I would prefer it if Levein moved on and we got an experienced manager that knew his own mind and could pick a winning team from what we have or bring in better in Jan.
I personally don't see what Levein brings to the table and is just a wage drain.
Jambojim52

Postby Forrest » Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am

So Levein was to blame for Robbie's poor results, but not his good ones?

What about Cathro's (admittedly few and far between) good results? 4-1 v Rangers (and Robbie's 2-0) pretty much the only highlights of the season for me.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Not claiming Levin is responsible for individual results though I do think he has interfered and caused some.
However my main beef with him is the waste of money. He has presided over some decent players being dumped and some piss poor signings, including Cathro. I do think Cathro may well become a good manager at sometime in the future, but that is a long way off and we can't afford the time.
Jambojim52

Return to The terracing