Brazil

Re: Brazil

Postby anders » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm

He's a funny case, Luiz. He can also be brilliantly talented - he played well with the right role and the right players around him in midfield for Benitez later on in last season. The lessons were pretty simple - don't let him near his own defence - and it was known to Chelsea for quite a while. Brazil still played him in the role he had earlier in his career tho and came unstuck.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Briza » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 am

I.J wrote:
Briza wrote:It's not one bad game though is it? I've watched him have some howlers over the last few years.

Well aye, it is. Today's David Luiz chat assassination across all forms of social media hasn't been started because he was shite against Sunderland in 2012.

Not sure that got £14m viewers in the UK, but those of us who ken football and who do watch him week-in-week-out on Match of the Day will know the boy is prone to go a bit "Zaliukas" (as Jim would say). My opinion of him has not been changed by his performance in that game. Yes he can show moments of brilliant talent, but his ego far outweighs his defensive frailties. Had he not just been sold for such a big sum it wouldn't have registered quite so highly in social media, so are we really criticising him or the lunacy of football transfer fees?
Briza
Site Admin

Postby Ally Niemi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:09 pm

It's a ridiculous amount of money and yet another example of the premiership being a league of over valued players. Not just the PL though, McCormack just signed for Fulham for something like 11m.

The game itself was quite something to see, i watched the 1st half on my phone and the first goal was unbelievable, to give a player like Muller enough time and space to tap in like it was a training game was unreal. BTW - Toni Kroos is the most German looking German i have seen since Voeller in 1990.
Another sunrise with my sad captains
​With who I choose to lose my mind
​And if it's all we only come this way but once
​What a perfect waste of time
Ally Niemi
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Briza wrote:
I.J wrote:
Briza wrote:It's not one bad game though is it? I've watched him have some howlers over the last few years.

Well aye, it is. Today's David Luiz chat assassination across all forms of social media hasn't been started because he was shite against Sunderland in 2012.

Not sure that got £14m viewers in the UK, but those of us who ken football and who do watch him week-in-week-out on Match of the Day will know the boy is prone to go a bit "Zaliukas" (as Jim would say). My opinion of him has not been changed by his performance in that game. Yes he can show moments of brilliant talent, but his ego far outweighs his defensive frailties. Had he not just been sold for such a big sum it wouldn't have registered quite so highly in social media, so are we really criticising him or the lunacy of football transfer fees?

He's got a daft haircut, therefore is an easy target for folk who still recite Fast Show sketches.
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Previous

Return to The terracing