APPROVED user

Re: Brazil

Postby iantjambo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm

7-0 :shock:
iantjambo
Confirmed Jambo

Postby MaroonEye » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 am

Had Germany to win but that first half was quite something.
MaroonEye
APPROVED user

Postby Briza » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

Ceased to be a game worth watching when the 3rd went in. Don't get me wrong, I kept watching to see how many Germany could score, but it wasn't a game worthy of a World Cup semi-final and Brazil are wholly to blame for that.
Briza
Site Admin

Postby Jambojim52 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 am

Best comment on the night was " that's the most pointless goal in world cup history."
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Postby Mafin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:32 pm

£50m for David Luiz, he was an utter embarrassment last night.
“I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.”
Mafin
APPROVED user

Postby Briza » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Mafin wrote:£50m for David Luiz, he was an utter embarrassment last night.

Classic example the stupid values placed on players in the Premiership. I have never, ever, rated him as a top-class player, certainly not one worth even £10m. He's consistently suspect in his decision making and - to an extent - gets away with playing like he did last night in the league because his defensive partners cover his arse all the time. Seems to think he's gods gift despite all his failings. But he wasn't the only only player who failed to live up to his billing. I felt sorry for Fred last night, the crowd took it out on him, but he was far from the weakest player.
Briza
Site Admin

Postby I.J » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Whilst I agree that £50m (Christ, £10 million) is a ludicrous amount for a player who isn't pushing to be best in the world, I don't think it's fair to construct an argument against Luiz based on one game.

There is no way that a player as utterly inept as he is being painted would have played well over 150 games in two of Europe's top leagues, have won the top two European trophies, and be capped 40 times.
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby Briza » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:07 pm

I.J wrote:Whilst I agree that £50m (Christ, £10 million) is a ludicrous amount for a player who isn't pushing to be best in the world, I don't think it's fair to construct an argument against Luiz based on one game.

There is no way that a player as utterly inept as he is being painted would have played well over 150 games in two of Europe's top leagues, have won the top two European trophies, and be capped 40 times.

It's not one bad game though is it? I've watched him have some howlers over the last few years.
Briza
Site Admin

Postby I.J » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Briza wrote:It's not one bad game though is it? I've watched him have some howlers over the last few years.

Well aye, it is. Today's David Luiz chat assassination across all forms of social media hasn't been started because he was shite against Sunderland in 2012.
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Next

Return to The terracing