[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Jambos.net • View topic - Why?

Why?

Why?

Postby HC. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Why is BBC SCOTLAND showing West Bromwich Albion v Brighton Hove Albion ?

Absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!

And how many SCOTTISH games are shown on BBC 'Scotland'?

This overtly English bias on BBC Scotland really infuriates me. (this is a polite understatement).

I have contacted the BBC previously to ask about this, and, conveniently for them, they have quoted TV rights etc blah, blah, blah.

I am furious about this and really need to put my anger in to actions.

Suggestions most welcome.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
HC.
APPROVED user

Re: Why?

Postby Forrest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Is there not a rule that games can't be shown on TV when other live games are being played?

Tbh though, I'm glad they didn't decide to screen our snorefest last night v Livi, although it might have been useful to have a second camera there to help us know whether Naismith actually was offside or not.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 pm

because most decisions are made centrally within the bbc, therefore by people for whom their local football is everything they experience and have no concept of why that would be less-than-perfect in Scotland/Wales/NornIron. I don't blame them for making a deliberate patronising decision as I don't think they are necessarily aware of a view outside of those held in england.

One of the things that's niggled me in the past in the bbc is when they put on a play or whatever based in Scotland they aren't aware that there might be more than one accent - eg John Rebus having a glaswegian accent. I asked them how credible it would seem if they put on a play situated in Exeter and gave them all Geordie accents but I don't think my obviously splendid intervention changed anything :)
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Jambojim52 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 am

You could borrow one of my shotguns HC. Cheap rail fare to London and the BBC HQ. :lol:
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Return to The terracing