Scotland's greatest scran

Re: Scotland's greatest scran

Postby I.J » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:15 pm

I'd never so much as touched a sweet tattie before I got here. Can't get enough of the buggers now - top boys. 8-)
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby Forrest » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 am

anders wrote:At the mo the greatest scran is stuffed peppers with sweet potato and mangetout mash. Cos that's what I made for tonight. Tomorrow's will be...dunno. See what the Bruntsfield fish shop has in. Maybe paella or does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds good!

Bruntsfield chippie doesn't do Paella, does it? :o
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Forrest wrote:
anders wrote:At the mo the greatest scran is stuffed peppers with sweet potato and mangetout mash. Cos that's what I made for tonight. Tomorrow's will be...dunno. See what the Bruntsfield fish shop has in. Maybe paella or does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds good!

Bruntsfield chippie doesn't do Paella, does it? :o

Joke apart, I thought that was actually an English thing - to think of a chip shop a 'fish shop'. One of the many things that confused me when I went there.... But then I went to the middle of england where they didn't have fish shops (.....ie shops selling uncooked fish, that is). Heard them called 'wet fish shops' in bits of Sassenachland that do have them.

Bit odd when people say to you "shall we go to the fish shop" and you picture a counter covered in haddock squid and kippers and anyway it's 8pm. :lol:

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Forrest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:25 pm

So were you referring to a fishmonger rather than fish shop = fish & chip shop?
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Oh aye.
Made it with seafood. Was absolutely delectable Forrest, delectable. Didn't get anything from the Bruntsfield fish shop tho cos that's a real fish shop - doesn't open on Mondays. Fishermen superstition was not to go out on a Sunday night so there was no fresh fish to sell on a Monday, the Bruntsfield fish shop still follows that tradition.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Previous

Return to The terracing