Hollibops

Hollibops

Postby HC. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:26 am

Well, that's me just back from a week's holiday on the mainland. (I trust you've all missed me). :lol:

We were staying in between Train and Dornoch and it was fabby!

Although we were based on the east coast, we did a mega amount of driving - just over 1000 miles - and pretty much (unintentionally ) travelled most of the NC500 route.

In addition to that, we took B roads off the beaten track which were truly stunning.

I'd say I'm pretty well travelled in Scotland, but it never ceases to amaze me what a beautiful country we live in. 8-)
HC.
APPROVED user

Re: Hollibops

Postby Forrest » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am

Wholeheartedly agree. We did the NC500 last year on our way to / from Orkney, apart from the "across the middle of the country" bit, and it was stunning.

Did you visit the craft village in Durness? They've got a cracking wee chocolate shop there!
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Forrest wrote:Wholeheartedly agree. We did the NC500 last year on our way to / from Orkney, apart from the "across the middle of the country" bit, and it was stunning.

Did you visit the craft village in Durness? They've got a cracking wee chocolate shop there!

Cocoa Mountain. ;) Yes, it's my second time there - love it!

We had a spot of late lunch there and some chocolates and coffee of course. :D

I also came away with a few purchases too. :D

We stopped off a couple of times at the Kylesku hotel for oor tea as I'd been before and really liked it. Great food at another stunning location. Assynt is probably my favourite area on the west coast.

Another great holiday: I could happily be a gypsy. :)
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby Forrest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

HC. wrote:
Forrest wrote:Wholeheartedly agree. We did the NC500 last year on our way to / from Orkney, apart from the "across the middle of the country" bit, and it was stunning.

We stopped off a couple of times at the Kylesku hotel for oor tea as I'd been before and really liked it. Great food at another stunning location. Assynt is probably my favourite area on the west coast.

That's the one!

I can't help feeling that the world's got its priorities all wrong, with people having to slave away at their jobs for such a large proportion of their time.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Forrest wrote:
HC. wrote:

That's the one!

I can't help feeling that the world's got its priorities all wrong, with people having to slave away at their jobs for such a large proportion of their time.

You're 100 percent right.

Organisations nowadays think you should eat, breathe and drink work.

Because of my responsibilities in my previous job, I pretty much had to do the above.

It's absolutely no way to live and nowadays, my attitude to my work has completely changed. 8-)
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Forrest wrote:I can't help feeling that the world's got its priorities all wrong, with people having to slave away at their jobs for such a large proportion of their time.

As capitalism becomes ever increasingly unchecked, more will soon join my side - comrade Forrest.

8-)
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:31 am

Just finished a full Scottish breakfast on South Uist - minus black pudding - Mr HC got that (with a couple of bits kept for my black hairy baby). :D

Off to Eriskay noo. The weather's shite but who cares when you're having a magic time. :) 8-)
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Black pudding - another of nature's greatest gifts that the screwballs over here don't appreciate. :x
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

Black pudding - lovely stuff. The good, grainy type, not the cheap soft & pasty ones.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Shug » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:31 am

Butcher in ullapool does the best black pudding. No yer hipster stornoway stuff. :D
Shug
APPROVED user

Next

Return to The terracing