[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Jambos.net • View topic - Hollibops

Hollibops

Hollibops

Postby HC. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:26 am

Well, that's me just back from a week's holiday on the mainland. (I trust you've all missed me). :lol:

We were staying in between Train and Dornoch and it was fabby!

Although we were based on the east coast, we did a mega amount of driving - just over 1000 miles - and pretty much (unintentionally ) travelled most of the NC500 route.

In addition to that, we took B roads off the beaten track which were truly stunning.

I'd say I'm pretty well travelled in Scotland, but it never ceases to amaze me what a beautiful country we live in. 8-)
HC.
APPROVED user

Re: Hollibops

Postby Forrest » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am

Wholeheartedly agree. We did the NC500 last year on our way to / from Orkney, apart from the "across the middle of the country" bit, and it was stunning.

Did you visit the craft village in Durness? They've got a cracking wee chocolate shop there!
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 pm

HC.
APPROVED user

Postby Forrest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 pm

HC.
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm

First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby HC. » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:31 am

Just finished a full Scottish breakfast on South Uist - minus black pudding - Mr HC got that (with a couple of bits kept for my black hairy baby). :D

Off to Eriskay noo. The weather's shite but who cares when you're having a magic time. :) 8-)
HC.
APPROVED user

Postby I.J » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Black pudding - another of nature's greatest gifts that the screwballs over here don't appreciate. :x
First I bang the drum,
Then I bang your mum.
I.J
APPROVED user

Postby anders » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

Black pudding - lovely stuff. The good, grainy type, not the cheap soft & pasty ones.
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Shug » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:31 am

Butcher in ullapool does the best black pudding. No yer hipster stornoway stuff. :D
Shug
APPROVED user

Next

Return to The terracing