Good win .... but...

Good win .... but...

Postby Jambojim52 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:32 pm

all too late. Levein's negativity has seen Naismith playing too deep and Skinny left on the bench. Play like this against the bottom teams and we would have been much higher up the league and all the more league cash. Can't understand how so many think Levein is the answer when he is clearly the problem.
Jambojim52
Head of conspiracy theories

Re: Good win .... but...

Postby anders » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Skinny started, no?

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby iantjambo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Christ Jim, can’t you just enjoy the win? :lol:
iantjambo
Confirmed Jambo

Postby Jambojim52 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:54 am

iantjambo wrote:Christ Jim, can’t you just enjoy the win? :lol:

It ripps my piss that everyone is praising Levein when had he been a bit more adventurous we could have been fighting for second/third.
We played like this against Celtic then try to defend a one goal lead against teams at the bottom. Then to top it off he waits until the games are pointless to put out a performance that allows Sevco to regain second!
Seriously would have taken Aberdeen AND Hibs wins to put that shower out of the game.
Jambojim52

Postby anders » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 pm

No-one on here's been praising Levein. You've got to go a long way back for that.

As an aside my DungdeeU supporting pal said yesterday that most fans there would take him back in a moment. To be arranged I hope.

...dream on...
anders
Confirmed Jambo

Location: englandshire, near Scotland. And Bruntsfield/Merchiston

Postby Forrest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:53 am

I'm happy with Levein, and will be happy for him to guide us through next season. His methods involve gradual improvement over time; it's just us fans are too impatient. Good article here:
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... -1-4718718
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Forrest wrote:I'm happy with Levein, and will be happy for him to guide us through next season. His methods involve gradual improvement over time; it's just us fans are too impatient. Good article here:
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... -1-4718718

Here's my reply on that article: What history are they looking at? Recent history ( since we won the Championship ) shows Levein is a total disaster and has wasted millions of pounds on Cathro and signing duds. What in the last few years makes anyone think Levein can do better? ( serious question )

Hope you can answer Forrest as no one else could.
Jambojim52

Postby Forrest » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:05 pm

If you read the article, it tells you what history it's referring to.

You literally have no idea what he's done behind the scenes as DoF. You accuse him of meddling in the teams, of Cathro being his puppet, blaming him for signings. Yet when the managers involved come out and say that wasn't the case, it's proven he didn't sign the players, you accuse him of not doing enough meddling!

Here's some of the signings since Levein became manager: McLaughlan, Naismith, Milinkovic, Mitchell, Amankwaa. I'm happy with that calibre, and I'm happy to let him continue for a while yet.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Postby Jambojim52 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Forrest wrote:If you read the article, it tells you what history it's referring to.

You literally have no idea what he's done behind the scenes as DoF. You accuse him of meddling in the teams, of Cathro being his puppet, blaming him for signings. Yet when the managers involved come out and say that wasn't the case, it's proven he didn't sign the players, you accuse him of not doing enough meddling!

Here's some of the signings since Levein became manager: McLaughlan, Naismith, Milinkovic, Mitchell, Amankwaa. I'm happy with that calibre, and I'm happy to let him continue for a while yet.

Fair enough Forrest but are you happy he has wasted money on 92 players since 2014?
Jambojim52

Postby Forrest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am

I believe his plan was blown out of the water by the dickheads who forced Neilson out of the Club. He (Neilson) assembled a squad capable of winning the Championship. It was always intended that, year-on-year, we'd replace the players leaving with better ones / at least as good. Tziolis, for example, should have done much better than he did.

He took a gamble with Cathro. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off.

We've let loads of players go for free (young and experienced), as they weren't getting game time: IMO an honourable course of action which may well have come at a cost.
Forrest
APPROVED user

Return to The terracing